Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pet Peeves

Pet peeves, there are so many. The biggest one for me is tailgating. That's right, I hate tailgaters. This morning, while driving to work, a lady on her cell, decided that I wasn't driving fast enough. So she proceeded to get as far in my trunk as possible. Didn't matter to her that there was a dump truck in front of me, we were going the speed limit, and if I decided to hit my brakes, she would be paying my repair bills. I leave for work early, I hate, hate, hate to be late. I want to get there 10 minutes early. So, when you tailgate, all that tells me is you are impatient and didn't leave early enough. That is not my problem. Stop riding my ass. And, when I tap my brakes, I'm being polite. I tapped them, I didn't slam on them like I really want to . So get a clue. That is my rant for today.



I decided that I wanted to add something to this blog. And, as I have a love for useless info, I thought I would share some each time I post. Just something that you might not have known and will more than likely have no use for in the future, unless you get onto Jeopardy.

Today's useless information: An estimated 2.5 million books will be shipped in the next twelve months with the wrong book cover.
info courtesy of The Useless Information Society

That's right folks, 2.5 million books. Talk about a publishing error. And, where exactly was that guy from quality control? I bet he was reading a book. One with a very HOT cover, and not so hot contents.

There was no winner for word of the day, although Chris does get partial credit.
Beau geste means a beautiful gesture. As in that was a beautiful gesture giving him your clothes.

New word for today : umpteen
Remember, no cheating, just try to wing it here. Post your answer to my comments section, and I'll post the name of the correct person next time. And, Chris, if you don't get this one, then there is something wrong with the world.



Your Score: Much Ado About...


You scored 26% = Tragic, 50% = Comic, 37% = Romantic, 30% = Historic



You Scored Much Ado About Nothing! First published in 1600, Much Ado About Nothing is one of Shakespeare's most enduring comedies, and probably his most performed to this day. Much Ado About Nothing tells the story of two pairs of would-be lovers and the hysterical events that happen surrounding the wedding. As Claudio and Hero prepare to marry, Don Pedro and his friends, bored with the length of preparation time, take it upon themselves in the meantime to play matchmaker to Benedick and Beatrice, two sharp-tongued would-be lovers whose love for each other is masked by the "merry war of words" in which they are engaged that both of them are too stubborn to lose. Based on your results, we believe you to be a quick-witted, light-hearted romantic who is probably very charming and charismatic. While your stubbornness may sometimes get the better of you, we are confident that you always eventually come to your senses and do what's best. You probably have a lot of friends and we like you too!

Link: The Which Shakespeare Play Are You? Test written by macbee on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test
View My Profile(macbee)

2 comments:

Chris M. said...

I LOVE Much Ado About Nothing! Benedick and Beatrice are perhaps two of my all-time favorite Shakespeare characters...or maybe Katherine and Petruchio. Anyway, I know, not the point... LOL.

Let's see... should I know umpteen because.. I dunno... we've used it all our lives? Umptee - a number that is uncountable, or a guesstimate, i.e. "This is the umpteenth time I have told you!" I SWORE that your last one couldn't be that obvious... sheesh, I'm a goober. Next time you should use "umpty-scrump"! :*

Judy said...

Chris beat me to the umpteen thing.... that's a good ol' southern term. And a lot of uncountable things... an umpteen dozen!

Thanks for the pepper recipe. I'd forgotten about that :-) Have fun camping.