Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!

Happy Fourth of July!!!! Hope everyone has a great day, eats way too much and enjoys the fireworks wherever they are. We will be camping this weekend, and since we will be up on the Flattops, we may not see any fireworks :( But, we love to camp so oh well. In honor of today I'm going to post 3 things, a recipe for a great pasta salad perfect for a picnic and several pieces of Useless Information pertaining to the 4th of July and the founding of our country.

Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad

1lb cooked rotinni tricolor pasta
1-2 cups baby dutch potatoes, boiled, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
2 ears corn
1 yellow squash
1 zucchini
1 bundle green onion
1 bundle asparagus
1 red bell pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 - 1 cup favorite Italian dressing
2 tbs parsley flakes
salt, pepper
2 tbs olive oil

slice zucchini and squash into 1/2 inch slices, trim onions and asparagus, cut pepper into big pieces, coat all veggies, except potatoes, with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until all veggies are tender, excluding the potatoes, don't grill them. Let cool, cut into bite size chunks, toss with all remaining ingredients and chill for at least one hour before serving. Enjoy.

Now as to last times useless info I really am shocked that neither Chris nor Judy commented. I would think that as writers they would be, well, shocked. When I told my hubby about the info, he said he has read plenty of books that had great covers and boring info. I was shocked by this, because I have only seen my hubby read a grand total of....4 books. We have been together 8 years. Seems strange that I, a voracious reader, would marry a man who thinks that a tool catalog is the greatest read ever. He was reading a book the first day I met him, that was back in 2000, in our almost 7 years of marriage he has read 3 books, self help books, he didn't finish them. I love that man, and I'm okay with the fact that he doesn't read. I just find it strange that I read SOOOOO much, and he reads SOOOO little.


Today's Useless Information: Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and James Monroe all died on July 4th.
I have nothing to say about that, well maybe a little something. Ummm, nope, I'm at a loss.
John Hancock was the only one of fifty signatories of the Declaration of Independence who actually signed it in July.
And once again ladies and gentlemen, our government at work. Can you say procrastination?
George Washington grew marijuana.
This one says it all.
Benjamin Franklin's peers did not give him the assignment of writing the Declaration of Independence because they feared he would conceal a joke in it.
Ben must have been one fun guy.

The winners for last times word of the day are Chris and Judy. I went with the obvious, and it was just too obvious. So this week I'm getting tough.

Word of the Day: impuissant.

So once again, the rules are simple, no looking it up online, it must be somewhere in your mind, and then post your answer in my comments section. You win nothing, except my adoration, oh and a mention on my next post. Good luck.






What Your These Fireworks Say About You



You are chaotic, inspired, and very creative.

You're so creative, people don't really recognize your creativity.

What's expressive for you sometimes looks like a mess.

But you don't really care... you enjoy making your messes!

1 comment:

Judy said...

impuissant: mmm.... let's see... I'll go with "imprisoned"

And, the reason I didn't comment was because.. I really wasn't surprised. I've had several authors tell me they received a book with a wrong cover on it.

My Fireworks Test: You are focused, single minded, and intense.
You don't let others see your intensity often, and when they do, they are quite surprised.

You burn brightly, but you also burn steadily.
You have the endurance to get the one thing you desire most.