Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

I'm finally doing a Thursday Thirteen!!



Today I decided on Best Series of Books. These are my opinion and in no particular order.



1. The Dark hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. What is not to like about this series. Hot Guys, Fabulous Heroines, paranormal, vampires, werewolves, Gods and the list goes on and on.



2. In Death by JD Robb (aka Nora Roberts). Eve Dallas kicks ass, takes names and always closes the case. And, of course, the amazingly hot and super sexy Roarke. Gets my blood pumping evertime.



3. The Merry Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton. Spicy reading, almost erotic, and a great story line that always leaves me wanting more.



4. Odd Thomas, Forever Odd, and Brother Odd by Dean Koontz. A sweet and strange hero who always seems so lost.



5. The Bhelliom and Tamuli series by David Eddings. Strong women and Knights, Gods who are just a little bit crazy and/or stupid and a world in need of saving.



6. The Crazy series by Tara Janzen. These guys can watch my back and front anytime.



7. Anita Blake Vampire Hunter by Laurell K. Hamilton. Can you say menage a trois..and then some.



8. Queen Betsy series by Mary Janice Davidson. The most clueless and reluctant Vampire Queen EVER. But, the girls got some amazing shoes.



9. Fred the Mermaid series also by Mary Janice Davidson. One mermaid in desperate need of anger management.



10. The Carpathians by Christine Feehan. Vampires in need of a woman to save them. I love these guys. They are smoldering.



11. Aisling Grey series by Katie MacAlister. I should be so lucky to have a hot dragon knocking down my door.



12. Cotton Malone series by Steve Berry. These thrillers make The DaVinci Code look like chilplay.



13. The Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward. These vampires are to die for. And what a clever take on the vampire myth.



I'm sure there are many more great series out there. These are my top thirteen.



Oh, and the winner of last times word of the day was Chris. She got closest on the meaning. The word was circumlocution: the use of an unnecessarily large number of words to get an idea across.

Word of The Day: indurate
Remember the rules are: no looking it up, pull the best that you can out of the depths of your brain. I'll mention you on my blog next time.

Useless Information: The first paperback book was printed - by Penguin Publishing in 1935.
Who knows...maybe this will be a Jeopardy question someday.

1 comment:

Kealie Shay said...

There were some on there that I haven't heard of. They look interesting!

Thanks for stopping by MY T13 today!